Sunday, August 30, 2015

Back to School: Middle School Makeup - 6th, 7th, 8th Grade

Hey guys! Back to School season is rapidly approaching so for the next few blog posts, I'll be showing you DIYs, tips, and tricks to make the school year easier and more fun!

For my first BTS post I thought I'd show you middle school makeup for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade. In middle school you're growing up and your interests may change a bit, and so might your appearance. You may start developing acne. The next thing you know, you're heading to the drug store for some makeup.

But what makeup is appropriate for a girl your age? In this post, I'll show you what I wore and what I believe is appropriate for middle school.

6th Grade

In 6th grade, your face is probably naturally beautiful already. But I began developing acne in 6th grade, so if this is your case here's what you can do:

What I use:

  • Maybelline BB Cream
  • EOS Coconut Milk Lip Balm

 

As you can see, for this look, I go very light. In 6th grade, when I asked my mom if I could start wearing makeup, she told me how naturally beautiful I already was. I was still young, so I really didn't need a lot of makeup. Around that time, however, acne was really getting on my nerves.

For my makeup, I used a bit of BB cream and some lip balm to moisturize my lips. The BB cream gave me just the amount of coverage I needed without looking like I had a ton of makeup on.

My completed 6th grade makeup look!

7th Grade

Moving on to 7th grade, you're getting older. Your eyes may seem a little dull, and you may wanna upgrade your makeup routine to a bit of a more mature level.

What I use:

  • Maybelline BB Cream
  • EOS Coconut Milk Lip Balm
  • Magenta Mint Mentha Lip Tint (from Bath & Body Works)
  • Physician's Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash Mascara
  • Maybelline Press Powder



Adding on the the 6th grade makeup, this lip gloss is a great way to look a bit older while keeping the makeup nice and light. Also, 7th grade was when I started using mascara. I love the Physician's Formula mascara because it's not synthetic, it's organic, and it last's a long time and looks great. One thin coat should do the trick for your lashes. Another thing I did (and forgot to photograph) was use a press powder to matte-ify the BB Cream.

My completed 7th grade makeup look!

8th Grade Makeup

Whew, 8th grade! Being the oldest in middle school, you can add a bit more makeup to your routine. Here's the look:

What I use:

  • Maybelline BB Cream
  • EOS Coconut Milk Lip Balm
  • Magenta Mint Mentha Lip Tint
  • Physician's Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash Mascara
  • Maybelline Press Powder
  • Physician's Formula Organic Wear 2-in-1 Pink Rose Blush & Bronzer Palette
  • NYX Adorable Eyeshadow Palette
  • Neutrogena Concealer Stick


For this look, I first apply my BB Cream. Because you may have more acne and dark circles in 8th grade, it may help to use a concealer stick under your eyes and on any red spots on your face. Next, I apply my press powder (which, again, I forgot to photograph). For the eyes, you can use some white eyeshadow on the inner corners and a brown chocolate-colored eyeshadow on the outer corners, then apply your mascara. I also used the Physician's Formula Pink Rose blush, which comes in a 2-in-1 blush and bronzer thing (I forgot to photograph that too!). Last but not least, I used the Magenta Mint lip gloss again.

My completed 8th grade makeup look!

So those are my middle school makeup looks. When I first started wearing makeup, I didn't have the slightest clue what I was doing. I was so scared of going overboard with it all. Luckily, my mom helped me out. In the end, these looks are what I decided were appropriate for someone in middle school to wear to school.

I hope you enjoyed this. If you'd like more Back to School or makeup-related blog posts in the future, let me know!
~ Caitlyn
______________________________________________________________________________

Follow me on social media! =)









No comments:

Post a Comment