Sunday, April 12, 2015

DIY Sharpie Tie Dye Tees

Hi all! I hope you've had a good weekend. This week I uploaded a tutorial perfect for spring: how to do tie dye using Sharpies! This is literally one of my favorite DIYs ever, Click below to view...


One thing I forgot to mention...

How to Take Care of Your Finished Tie Dye Shirt

~ When you finish your shirt, throw it in the dryer on normal heat. This will help the Sharpies to settle into the shirt so that they don't wash away when you wash it. (CAUTION: Make sure your shirt is COMPLETELY DRY before putting it in the dryer. Rubbing alcohol is flammable.)

~ Machine wash cold with like colors. (But I recommend washing alone the first time. This may help prevent fading.)

~ Dry on regular heat.

~ Iron if necessary.

That's pretty much it. Once you wash your shirt for the first time you can pretty much treat it like you would treat any other shirt. The colors will most likely fade a little bit, but if you follow the steps above it will never fade completely. I have a Sharpie tie dye shirt that I made over a year ago and the colors and patterns are still plainly recognizable. :)

~ Caitlyn
 ________________________________________________________________________________

Follow me on social media! =)




No comments:

Post a Comment